Sincere & Resilient Legal Counsel When your family needs us, we are here to listen to your needs. Call Us Now

Pasadena Custody Modification Lawyer

Child Custody Modifications

When parents with minor children divorce, they will need to work out a custody agreement. When the parents disagree on custody issues, the court will intervene and decide physical and legal custody rights. Sole or joint physical custody pertains to where the child will live. Legal custody, which can also be awarded to one parent or both, gives the parent the right to make decisions regarding the child's welfare. This can include where a child will go to school, what religion they will be brought up in, and the medical treatment they will receive if there is a health problem.

The court will only approve modifications to a custody order when there is a significant change in circumstances. A Pasadena divorce attorney should be consulted if you are planning to make custody modifications. You will need experienced legal counsel from a knowledgeable lawyer to ensure the changes you are requesting are approved by the court.

Check out our blog that contains more information about custody modifications:

Custody Modifications Attorney Pasadena

Spouses can make their own agreements regarding custody modifications, and file the changes in writing with the court. If there are any disagreements, a hearing is held where the court will a final determination on the matter.

The criteria the court uses in deciding whether or not to approve a requested change in a custody order involves a significant changes in circumstances such as:

  • Parental relocation
  • Child endangerment due to domestic violence, child abuse or a parent's drug or alcohol problem
  • A parent is sentenced to prison
  • A parent becomes seriously ill and can no longer properly care for the child
  • The death of a parent

Searching for a lawyer for your child custody case in Pasadena? Seek representation from the top child custody lawyer in Pasadena to fight for the modifications you need. The Law Offices of Makupson & Howard can provide valuable assistance in custody modifications. Attorney Carolyn A. Makupson is a court appointed minor's counselor who has represented the interests of children in contested custody issues. She is intimately familiar with custody law and highly experienced in matters pertaining to child custody, including the modification of custody agreements.


Contact a Pasadena Custody Modification Lawyer at (888) 328-2734 if you are considering modifying a custody agreement for competent legal advice.

Clients Share Their Experiences

Stories From Real People Like You
  • "I cannot recommend highly enough!"
  • "Thank you Ms. Howard You and your team have helped me and my children during this long and difficult process. This has not been an easy road but you got us to the finish line. I know I was not always ..."
  • "I was frazzled, stressed out and looking for a way to reduce or completely eliminate Spousal Support payments after I retired. Kristen and her team came highly recommended. Their suggestions and ..."
    Paul G.
  • "I can't say enough good things about Kristen and her team. I was referred to her by a friend who had gotten great results for her divorce to a narcissist, and who won her custody case. I was quite ..."
    Katie M.
  • "I've dealt with my fair share of shady attorneys and Kristen is far from it. She helped me through a rough child custody case and was not only able to protect my child but also my own interests in the ..."
    Alicia S.
  • 50 Years' Collective Experience
  • Top Attorneys by Pasadena Magazine 2011-2018
  • Membership in The State Bar of California
  • Membership in California Women Lawyers
  • Membership in The Pasadena Bar Association
  • Accredited by the Better Business Bureau

Contact Our Firm

Have your family law matter reviewed by an experienced attorney at our Pasadena firm.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy