Pasadena Child Custody Lawyer
Do you have custody questions? Call (888) 328-2734.
Child custody and the related subject of visitation rights can raise many questions in a divorce proceeding. At The Law Offices of Makupson & Howard, our best advice is to retain a competent Pasadena family law attorney who has the experience to correctly answer your questions.
We frequently get asked questions such as:
- Does a father get the same consideration as the mother in custody matters?
- Is child custody affected by parental criminal records in the state of California?
- Are there different types of child custody that can be awarded?
- What are the factors the court will look at in awarding custody?
- Can domestic violence play a role in determining child custody?
- Under what circumstances is sole custody given to a parent?
- Can modifications be made to custody agreements?
Child custody resolution can be an emotional time for the entire family. Even when parents are divorcing in an amicable manner, each side needs to understand what their options are and how custody will work. Need a lawyer for your child custody case in Pasadena? You need the best child custody lawyer in Pasadena. We utilize our formal training in mediation to attempt resolution without court intervention. When agreement cannot be reached by the parents in this manner, our 50 years of experience in family law can be used to successfully resolve child custody in the courts.
Read some of our blogs that discuss child custody matters further:
- How Does the Court Determine Child Custody in California?
- Tips and Answers about Child Custody Issues Involving Immigrants
Types of Child Custody
Sole custody and joint custody are two of the most common types of custody, but are not the only kinds. If you have physical custody, this means you have the right and responsibility to provide daily care for your child. Legal custody gives you the ability to take part in important decisions that affect the life of your child such as those dealing with religion, medical attention and education. We assist our clients to understand the different types of custody, how they work and how they may affect their lives for years to come.
The overriding factor in a matter of child custody will be what is in the overall best interest of the child. This is what the court will review in order to make their final determination. We invite you to use our understanding and experience to reach the agreements you desire on child custody.
When child custody issues are at stake, contact a Pasadena Child Custody Lawyer at (888) 328-2734 to protect your rights and work towards the resolution you desire.
“I thought he would be steamrolled in court, but he was calm, collected, and confident.”- T.H.
“Listen to her, she knows what she is doing and will give you the best plan moving forward!”- M.G.
“Kristen explained everything to me and advised me in what was Best for ME!”- D.C.